I came across this article written by Andrea Wesley on bolde.com this morning and it resonated with me and what’s going on in my life right now. I knew the dating game had changed for the worse, but everyday, I come into contact with men who only want to get to know my breasts and thighs, and it’s getting on my last nerve. Trust me, I know there are some people- both men and women- who want “no strings attached sex”… sex without a real commitment, and that’s all good…as long as you make that clear beforehand. But what I think this writer is saying (and what I keep bumping into) are men who falsely give off the vibe that they want a woman for the long-term, knowing all they really want is sex. They go through the motions- act really charming, compliment her often, even take her on dates- but this is all so they can fuck and bounce, and that’s what makes them a POS.
1. DATING ISN’T THAT DIFFICULT. This may blow some minds, but dating is just spending time having fun with one person — and it leads to sex eventually too! Shocking, I know. A lot of men seem to think that dating is such hard work, and that it’s more effort than it’s worth, which is precisely the problem. We want things without effort, but that’s not how the real world works. If you’re too lazy and “busy” to date, how do you find the time and the energy to have sex? The answer is simple — you’re acting like a self-entitled jerk.
2. YOU NEED TO BE WORTH SLEEPING WITH.It’s been an unfair double standard for decades that a woman who sleeps with someone without knowing them well enough, or too soon, is promiscuous — but it’s time we flipped that table. If you think you can have sex with me without getting to know the amazing person I am and without spending time with me, you’re the real sleaze in the equation.
3. I WON’T BE FOOLED BY YOUR FAKE CHARM.Your faux boyfriend behaviors won’t work on me — I’m wise to your games. I don’t care how many times you call me beautiful or compliment my intelligence. You can run your game on me all you want but if you’re not making the time to properly date me, I won’t be making time for you, period.
4. I DESERVE BETTER THAN THIS CRAP.Do I look like the type that will just get on my knees and give you what you want without you so much as lifting a finger? Screw that. I’m an amazing person with a lot more to offer than my body for your temporary enjoyment. Go back to the drawing board.
5. YOU’RE A LAZY GUY.I don’t care how busy you are or how much you need to get laid. The laziness of men these days is seriously gross. With me, you won’t be having your cake and eating it too — it’s my cake and I’d rather eat alone than share it with a lazy twit.